“Probably the furthest we’ve ever been from another human being.” – Cassandra Zuffante and Nico Gaviola
Our Treehouse sets you in the middle of a big landscape, globed by an even bigger sky, its lights twinkling down to the horizon. Below, the stillness is punctuated by animals’ whistles, huffs, and growls… carried on the wind.
This is not simply a sleep out – this is an adventure with Africa, one-on-one.
Our Most Impressive Yet
Thabametsi is MORE’s newest (and most luxurious) Treehouse hideout. Solar powered and built over two levels, it includes a main bedroom, full shower, lounge, and viewing decks presenting the Waterberg Mountains and verdant expanse of the reserve in all their splendour.
Driven by your field guide, you’ll arrive as sunset gilds the landscape, and the coolness of approaching evening brings animals into the open. A gourmet, tapas-style picnic has been laid out for you at your table on the deck, from where you have front row seats to the wildest theatre.
There are few such experiences left on earth that bring you so close to source.
What You Need to Know
Rest assured, Thabametsi Treehouse has been securely constructed above the ground, where the animals remain at a safe and comfortable distance.
Your field guide will provide a full orientation before departing, but is always on call via radio until you are collected the next morning after sunrise and a good breakfast.
A night in the Treehouse is booked in conjunction with your lodge accommodation. You don’t check out of your Tent or Suite – it’s still yours, ready for your return.
- This experience is charged for at R2 750 per person sharing per night, over and above the lodge rate
- You’ll pack a stay-over bag with the essentials, leaving the rest of your belongings safe back at the lodge
A Closer Look
The Marataba Treehouse was a once in a lifetime experience! A must for those who want a five-star bush experience.” – TripAdvisor review
Thabametsi Treehouse* Features
- Welcomes up to 2 adults and 2 children (6 to 15 years)
- Views onto the mountains and over the plains
- Picnic dinner and breakfast, with beverages of your choice
- Deluxe king-sized bed, and twin pull-out beds
- Enclosed bathroom – with double shower, two basins, and a WC
- Solar lighting in the bathroom and along the balustrades
- USB device charging points by the bedside
- Safety door, secure stairway, and two-way radio contact
- Miles away (at least 1.8mi/3km) from lodge life
*A night in this open-air Treehouse is weather dependent