Experiencing the magic of the African bush on foot is a unique experience in itself, and should be on any avid hiker’s bucket list. But why should you choose to enjoy this activity at Marataba Mountain Lodge specifically? Here are five simple reasons.
- The eco-chic design. Stone, wood, metal and natural materials combine to create a stylishly comfortable space. Designed with minimal impact on the environment, the trendy construction of the living space and Eco-Suites translates into the quintessential authentic five star experience. As an extension of the natural environment which inspired its creation, the lodge was built ‘of the earth’ – and you can feel it.
- Spectacular sunset views. Sit back and soak up the most incredible sunsets. Looking down into the valley, flanked by the dramatic mountain ranges on either side, Marataba Mountain Lodge offers a front row seat to the day’s last rays and the spectacular palette of colours that light up the heavens at this special hour every day. Prepare to be wow’ed!
- Digital detox. We live in a world where we are always connected, bombarded with information from every angle. At Marataba Mountain Lodge, you’re invited to switch off completely, to take a bit of time to truly breathe, and just BE in the moment. You’ll leave feeling like a new person – that’s a promise!
- Diverse challenging trails. Marataba is blessed with a great diversity of eco-systems and landscapes. The walking trails make use of different areas of the reserve, and a variety of trail options are available, differing in respect of degree of difficulty and fitness required. Trails range from trekking over the top of the Kransberg range, to traversing through gorges. No two experiences are alike.
- Forge a connection. Once you have walked the gorges, swum the icy mountain pools, seen wildlife on the move and imprinted your feet into the soil below, you will forge a connection that can never be taken away from you.
Need another reason? You’ll have to come and find it yourself!